Friday, June 10, 2011

bitches gon' be bitching

decided my previous posts have been too bitchy and rage filled. So here is a lovely unbitchy post about my godfamily, and my failures in life.

so, met my godsister + god mother for the first time in .. 3 years? and wow - the family is amazing. I think my godmother (I'm just gonna call her Margaret) is around mid 60s atm, and she is studying for a diploma. Out of her 6 children, 5 are married (or engaged), and the youngest one, Zaneta is doing a medicine degree @ usyd. She is throwing a 21st party for Zaneta in December this year (her bday is in May) with around 300 people. She is providing my dad with his plane ticket, as llong as he buys for the rest of my family. Yeah, her party is in Singapore.. Then she rambles on and on about how she'll take us to Bangkok, Indonesia, etc etc. Then she tells us how she finds baby clothes irresistible, and once saw "the cutest little can can dresses in soooo many colours!" So she went and bought one in every single colour for her granddaughter. And aren't I jelly :P
MY GODMAMA IS SO CUTEEEE.
Okay thhis ramble was completely unnecessary, but I love my family. Lol, I wonder how Margaret managed to raise her kids so well.. Like, Zaneta graduated today, so she should be out partying with her friends right? But instaed, she agrees to follow her mummy to meet her little godsiblings.

The hare and the tortoise
completely describes my situation with japanese. I don't think I'm cocky about Japanese, but I certainly am complacent. Last year, I was cocky about it and it bit me in the ass. Cos I aced my half yearlies with zero studies, did that again for the yearlies, and barely got over average (this is last year).
So this year, I was not cocky at all. However, once term started, I got extremely complacent about work cos I was ahead of everyone else. And so I think for around.. 2 months, I did zero work. And although I managed to pull of a good mark for my half yearlies, I am now extremely behind everyone else.
So, I am the hare. And I am now going to desperately start sprinting to that finish line.. And maybe burn out, which'll suck balls - but I think I'll deserve it, and maybe then I will finally learn from my mistakes..

Come to the conclusion that what goes around does come around, and that maybe I'm not paranoid after all..

Gina x
PS: think I'll stop blogging till my hormones calm down

No comments:

Post a Comment