I know it may seem unusual, but I love classical music. Seriously, that stuff is so good to listen to.
Admittedly, the majority is cello/violin/viola concertos, cos that's the 'world' that I'm in (if that makes sense..)
Here's a general list of pieces I like. Go youtube them, they're not bad! (:
1. Elgar Cello Concerto (Jacqueline Du Pre's version is best - I had to listen to this all last year cos Reena prepared this piece for scholarships ==)
2. Khachaturian - Violin Concerto in D Minor (Lian played this yesterday! It's a modernist piece, so sounds a little dissonant!)
3. Shostakovich - Cello Concerto No 1 in E flat Op. 107 (Watched Hana Jang play it live ahhh loved it, also sounds a little odd though!)
4. Saint Saens - Organ Symphony/Symphony no 3. - movement II especially! (Heard Sydney Symphony Orchestra play this live, loved it too hehe)
5. Halvorsen - Passacagalia Duet for Violin/Cello (Hana Jang's version on youtube is awesome, my favourite version. But the violinst makes a slight slip LOL)
6. Liszt - Piano Concerto No.1 in E flat Major (heard this at kpo yesterday, the theme gets stuck in your head!)
7. Firebird suite argh can't remember the composer... by STRAVINSKY. that one's a little more well known.
There was also a clarinet piece I loved but I don't know the name of it :L
okay now I actually have to do some jap!
Gina x
No comments:
Post a Comment